Sunday, March 19, 2023

Ari's Tasting- Borrasca Prosecco DOCG




Borrasca Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG; the grape variety is Prosecco; country of origin is Italy from the Glera Region. There is no vintage year. The price of the wine was $5.49 since I got split bottle.

 I bought it from Total Wine. The review from Total Wine mentioned that it had tastes of floral, pears, and almonds. I drank this small glass with some chips and guacamole. When I tasted the wine on its own it was similar to a Greek olive to me. Which I found interesting since the descriptions at Total Wine were completely different. I smelled the wine and smelled a green apple, which when tasting how sour or tart a green apple and Greek olive are, I suppose, I wasn't too far off. I did the chewing method because I was perplexed why my first thought was a Greek olive. When I did that, I noticed a tartness like a blackberry. 

What I was tasting became a little clearer to me when I read the Wine Folly text, it describes Proseccos to have a "Quince, Ripe Pear, Green Apple, and Apricot" taste on page fifty-two. The ripe pear makes sense because they are more tart. 

Overall, this was a pretty good wine, and it was palatable for me to drink, typically, I'm very picky with what I drink when it comes to wine. It was very light feeling in my mouth, and I think since I'm fairly new to wine this was something I was able to drink with very little issues of actually wanting to finish the wine. In regard to having it with guacamole, I'm not sure a sparkling wine is the best combination with guacamole, or any wine at all (even though I've never tried any other wines with guacamole before). I'm very fond of Tequila and any Hispanic foods so perhaps I'm a bit biased. When I tried this Prosecco with the guacamole the sour Greek olive taste became a bit more overpowering, so I didn't continue to mix them together after the fact.

If this wine is ever in my presence again, I would definitely drink some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ari's Wine and Cheese Blog

Lamarca Prosecco; the grape variety is prosecco, country of origin is Italy, the region is Veneto there is no vintage year, the price was $5...