Sunday, March 19, 2023

Ari's Tasting- Cava Rondel Gold




Cava Rondel Gold; grape variety is Cava, country of origin is Spain, in the Bahia region. There is no vintage year on the bottle. The price was $4.99 from Total Wine. Unfortunately, Total Wine did not have a description for this split bottle of wine. 

According to Wine Folly on page, Cava wines have a "Quince, Lime, Yellow Apple, Pear, Almond" flavor, stated on page forty-six. 

The descriptions I had in mind when I was drinking it that I wrote down were fruity, peach, nutty, floral. Sometimes peaches can be on the tart side depending on its ripeness so I think this can match up well with the pear or apple taste that is described in Wine Folly. 

 When I smelled it, I smelled a woody flavor along a floral scent. I identified the floral scent pretty quickly as it reminded me of the smell of a bouquet of flowers. One thing I distinguished very quickly, was that it was a very dry sparkling wine. Personally, I do not like dry wines at all. I have not been able to palate them well. Perhaps, if I ate it with food I might have felt differently. 

I'm not very sure if I would buy this again. I might try to it if someone else has it to see if my palate has changed since the time, I tried it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ari's Wine and Cheese Blog

Lamarca Prosecco; the grape variety is prosecco, country of origin is Italy, the region is Veneto there is no vintage year, the price was $5...