Sunday, March 26, 2023

Ari's Tasting- Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio

 

Santa Margarita; the grape variety is Pinot Grigio, country of origin is Italy. This wine is from the Trentino-Alto Adige region which is in Northern Italy. The vintage year was 2021. It was $25.99 at Rite-Aid. There was no description of this wine at Rite-Aid. However, I found this from Wine.com "dry white wine with the delightful aroma of Golden Delicious apples."  Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio 2021 | Wine.com

The taste I was getting from this wine was a grapefruit and lemon taste. When I sniffed and swirled, I smelled very fruity aromas it reminded me of a fruit roll up. The smell was very different than the actual taste. This wine was incredibly dry and light. So, when smelling something so sweet, I was surprised to see that it was not as sweet as the smell. While tasting it grapefruit and lemon were at the forefront of the taste. It was bitter and tart. 

Wine Folly states on page sixty-two. There are flavors of "lemon, yellow apple, melon, nectarine, and peach." With a high acidity and light body. I definitely tasted the high acidity and noticed the lightness of the body. I didn't get any hints of peach, nectarine or yellow apple. However, the melon taste was there as it seemed to be a mellow neutral flavor that was within this wine. I tried to see if I could identify any other flavors when I breathed in the wine to get my olfactory senses working, but to no avail. I think my palate needs more time to adjust and I need to try more wines to learn what it is I am tasting and in which grape variety. I assume with more practice I will be better at identifying more tastes in wines. 

Overall, I enjoyed this wine, and it wasn't bad, but not my absolute favorite. I would drink it again if it was offered to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ari's Wine and Cheese Blog

Lamarca Prosecco; the grape variety is prosecco, country of origin is Italy, the region is Veneto there is no vintage year, the price was $5...