Sunday, March 26, 2023

Ari's Tasting- Kendall Jackson Chardonnay

 

This wine is a Kendall-Jackson Vinter's Reserve Chardonnay; grape variety is Chardonnay. The country of Origin is United States, and the regions vary. Empirewine.com states that Kendall-Jackson has different places they source their Chardonnay as they have four separate places for their products. A wine expert on Wine.com stated, the regions Kendall-Jackson sources their Chardonnay from is the North Coast, Central Coast and the Central Valley. The vintage year is 2021. The price of the wine was $12.99 from Harris Teeter. There was no description of the wine at Harris Teeter, however the Kendall-Jackson website states, "medium-bodied, barrel-fermented wine offers light, toasted oak aromas, attractive baked apple flavors and accents of butter and vanilla. Good balance keeps it going sip after sip after sip, revealing spice and almond nuances." 

Personally, when I swirled and sniffed the wine, I immediately smelled butter and a somewhat sweet aroma almost like maple syrup. When I tasted it, I was getting the buttery taste, but I didn't care for it too much because it reminded me of like a warmed-up cheese like brie, which I wouldn't prefer to drink. I did drink the wine chilled, so not sure where the warmness came from. I tasted oak and some sweetness to it which I thought was fruit, but from reading the description from the website I can see how that sweetness might have been vanilla instead. However, I was getting citrus fruit flavors like a lemon which seems to be on track in regard to the Wine Folly text.

According to Wine Folly page seventy-two, the tastes are "yellow star, starfruit, pineapple, butter and chalk." It's a very fruit forward wine, the body is full, not too dry, and somewhat high acidity.

I think the more I try different wines, the better I am getting at identifying aromas, but tastes I am struggling with a bit. I didn't get hints of almond, spice or vanilla as Kendall-Jackson's website explained it. I will be eager to try this again and see if I can identify vanilla with this wine next time.


Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve Chardonnay 2021 | Wine.com

Kendall Jackson 'Vintners' Reserve Chardonnay 2021 375ml :: Chardonnay (empirewine.com)

Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay (kj.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ari's Wine and Cheese Blog

Lamarca Prosecco; the grape variety is prosecco, country of origin is Italy, the region is Veneto there is no vintage year, the price was $5...