Sunday, April 9, 2023

Ari's Tasting- Villa Alena Moscato D' Asti


 Villa Alena Moscato D'Asti; the grape varietal is Moscato, country of origin is Italy and region is Piemonte of Italy. There is no vintage year. The price was $8.00 at Trader Joes. 

There was no description of this wine at Trader Joes but based on Vivino.com the descriptions were "peach, apple, pear, honey, stone, citrus, lemon, mandarin." 

Villa Alena Moscato d'Asti | Vivino

According to Wine Folly, on page 86 there are flavors of "lemon, mandarin, pear, orange blossom, honeysuckle." in Moscato varietals. 

When I did the sniff and swirl test, I was getting floral like aromas. When I drank this wine, I was instantly tasting honey and peach. I thought it was very similar to mead. I thoroughly enjoyed this wine, and I would definitely love to explore this with some food at some point. I can see how this can become too much too quickly, because this wine in particular is very sweet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ari's Wine and Cheese Blog

Lamarca Prosecco; the grape variety is prosecco, country of origin is Italy, the region is Veneto there is no vintage year, the price was $5...