Sunday, April 9, 2023

Ari's Tasting- Slim Vine Sauvignon Blanc

 Slim Vine- Light- Monterey County Sauvignon Blanc 2021; the grape varietal is a Sauvignon Blanc, country of origin is the United States, region of origin is Monterey County of California. The vintage year is 2021. The price was $8.00 at Trader Joes. 

Trader Joes did not have a description of the wine, however, I found on cheapwinefinder.com that the description is "lemon, lime, pineapple, green apple, hint of cream and light grass."

When I did the sniff and swirl test, I smelled hints of honey dew and a buttery smell, so I know there is quite a bit of yeast in it. The aromas were very fresh and light. I found the wine flavors to be similar of melons like cantaloupe, honey dew and watermelon because of how light, fresh and watery it tastes. 

According to Wine Folly, on page 64 the dominant flavors include, "gooseberry, green melon, grapefruit, white peach, and passion fruit." This makes sense as to what I was tasting, I must be on track. 

Overall, this wine was not exactly my favorite, but I purchased it so its 85 calories. I guess if I'm concerned about my caloric intake for the day then I will try this again. Otherwise probably not. Slim Vine Light Sauvignon Blanc 2020 - Cheap Wine Finder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ari's Wine and Cheese Blog

Lamarca Prosecco; the grape variety is prosecco, country of origin is Italy, the region is Veneto there is no vintage year, the price was $5...